PCs on campus
All campuses have a few desktop PCs available, which you can use if you do not have your own PC. It varies how many PCs are available at the different campuses. You use your usual user name and password to log on to these PCs.
Precautions when using a PC at the university
- Make sure the machine is not in use or logged on by another user
- If the machine is not in use, but is logged in - LOG OFF before using the machine – otherwise:
- you risk saving your work in someone else's directory or sending your documents to someone else's print queue when you need to print.
- Remember to LOG OFF after use - otherwise:
- the next person to use the machine will be logged in to your personal user account - with the same rights as yourself.
- there is a significant risk that personal information, documents and emails may get lost or stolen.