Courses and exercises:
- Norwegian on the Web, a useful and free of charge Norwegian online course, developed at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. Grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary and dialogues.
- Free online course for basic Norwegian language preparation.
The following requires a minimum of knowledge of Norwegian:
- IGIN is a good and accessible online resource developed by Kirsti Mac Donald for practising Norwegian at three different levels. Interactive grammar exercises with answers and simple explanations.
- Welcome to Exploring Norwegian Grammar by Kirsti Mac Donald contains interactive exercises for self-study and practice. The exercises are related to the book Exploring Norwegian Grammar, but can also be used independently of the book.
- Free online exercises based on the elementary level course book Norsk på 1-2-3 by Kristi Mac Donald and Elisabeth Ellingsen.
- Free online exercises based on the elementary level course book På vei by Kirsti Mac Donald and Elisabeth Ellingsen.
- Free online exercises based on the elementary level course book Med tusen ord by Olaug Strand.
- Mestizo Centre for Language and Culture offers several online courses, and some of them are free: http://norskfordeg.no/
- Bokmålsordboka. Official dictionary with definitions and vocabulary – all in Norwegian.
- Lexin. Norwegian dictionary with translation to English and 12 minority languages in Norway (Arabic, Dari, Kurdish – Kurmanji & Sorani, Persian, Polish, Russian, Somali, Tagalog, Tamil, Tigrinja, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese).