Declaration of accessibility for inn.no
Everyone should have the same opportunity to use our website. This declaration does not apply to the website’s subdomains.
We use the Siteimprove tool to continually measure the extent to which inn.no meets accessible webpage requirements (universal design). The tool continually provides us with an Accessibility Score that shows the degree to which the website complies with WCAG 2 standards (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines).
We care about accessibility
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (HINN) is obligated to:
- maintain and further develop an accessible website
- ensure that the website achieves at least level AA in WCAG 2.0 (w3.org)
- comply with the Equality and Anti-Discrimination Act (lovdata.no)
- comply with the Regulation for universal design of information and communication technology (ICT) solutions (lovdata.no)
- ensure that all new content achieves at least level AA in WCAG 2.0
- adapt content and functionality in order to meet new requirements in WCAG 2.1
- include universal design when choosing third-party systems and upgrades of existing systems
The principle of accessibility we follow:
The Section for Communication and Public Relations at INN University takes the universal design of ICT seriously, and has dedicated staff and tools to monitor the status of the website. Through weekly work sessions, we rectify WCAG errors and lay long-term plans that focus on how to solve the remaining problems (both inside and outside of WCAG).
Are there things on inn.no that you are not able to read?
Contact us to receive the content in another format. You can choose how you would like to receive the content. An example of this may be universally designed PDFs, Word files, or printed on paper.
Is the screen reader not working properly on our website?
Contact us by ringing 62 43 00 00 (switchboard) and have the content read aloud via telephone.
Tips and tricks:
- Press and hold the Ctrl key and press the + (plus) key to zoom in.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key and press the - (minus) key to zoom out.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key and press the 0 (zero) key to go back to start.
A screen reader is a software programme that allows the visual aspects displayed on the computer screen to be read with a speech synthesiser.
Get more information about screen readers on the Norwegian Association of the Blind and Partially Sighted website (blindeforbundet.no)
Tools and pages about accessibility:
Content in English:
Read the Words - Free webpage that converts text to speech (readthewords.com).
WebbIE – free programme that makes it easier for the blind and visually impaired to use the internet (webbie.org.uk).
How can you speak up about lack of accessibility?
Is there something that doesn’t work properly, or is the language difficult to understand?
Is there something affecting the functionality of the website, or are you missing content on inn.no?
We really appreciate any feedback about accessibility!
Contact INN’s Senior Adviser/web editor, Nan Cecilie J. Kolby
You can also submit a complaint to The Equality and Anti-Discrimination Ombud.